Thursday, April 22, 2010

That 70's Show, starring...


Emily Fontaine's mom!
"I remember coming across this picture when I was about 14 or 15 and being in complete awe of how laid-back and gorgeous she looks. She grew up in Orange County, CA and completely embodied the "California Girl" with her long blonde hair, golden tan and cut off jean shorts that showed off her legs that went on for days. I'm pretty sure she was the type of girl The Beach Boys sang about. Not only am I in awe of her style, but also her talent-- she crocheted the halter top she's wearing. She made a lot of her clothes growing up, and a lot of mine throughout my childhood. I never felt more stylish than when I was wearing a dress my mom sewed for me."
If you've got sewing skills like this little lady, make your own crocheted halter top with these patterns. I can't even iron so don't look at me. I'd probably just buy this original 70's version at Etsy.

2 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I call hubba hubba to infinity on this mom.

Anonymous said...

Very nice top. The crochet pattern supplied is not nearly as attractive.