Thursday, May 6, 2010

Eat your heart out J.R.


Dear Mom,

This has always been my favorite photo of you! It reminds me so much of the old Hollywood studio photographs of young starlets. You look so much like Lauren Bacall in this photo, absolutely stunning! I can see when your style first presented itself to the world at the tender age of 15.

You were always so glamorous. I remember during the “Dynasty” heyday of the 1970’s how you would watch Joan Collins and Linda Evans in those beautiful dresses and then copy them without a pattern! You were such a great seamstress and the dresses were so gorgeous on you! I still pull them out of the guest bedroom closet when I am visiting you and marvel at how beautiful they are. You were the envy of everyone’s mom as you and Dad went to all of those police and Shrine functions and of course your children thought you were the most beautiful mom of all!

I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day knowing that we four think you are the style icon of your generation!

Love you much mas!

Patti, Robert, Miryam and Maria

No comments: