Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Photo Album: Red hot mama


Suzanne Jewell sent in a slew a photos of her mother, each one more color-soaked and eye-popping than the next. So I decided to post them all. Here's a little backstory courtesy of Suzanne:
"My mother was born March 15, 1922 and lived on a farm in Illinois. Later she became a nurse and joined the Army and after that the Air Force. She passed away December 1, 2005. She was a beautiful, fun loving, happy, Irish girl and always had great style. Joining the military as a nurse brought her to Germany and later on she married my father in New York. My father was retired as a Lt. Colonel in the Air Force and together they raised 4 children and we travel to and lived in many countries. It was an exciting life." The proof is in the pictures.








8 comments:

Nectarine said...

This mama definately has a flair for posing! I've got my 'picture face' down, so I guess this is how you take it to the next level!

FairyFiligree said...

I just stumbled upon your blog thanks to Lily Lemontree's post about your blog. Wow! this is an incredible blog! And even more interesting to me since I lost my own mama last year. She was born just two days and one year earlier than this Irish lady you are featuring. I want to congratulate you on an extraordinary blog because it is thanks to these ladies of the past that we can get to enjoy vintage fashion today!

thotlady said...

Beautiful photos.

Rosie Unknown said...

Damn, she knew how to wear a bathing suit!

FMD said...

I love your style !

Luna said...

She had awesome pics and a beautiful way to dress up.

Bostonista said...

Such a beautiful life! She was amazing at posing before facebook lol! I love her bathing suits especially!
xo

Mercgirl said...

Your mom is fabulous! I love the shot of her on the car the most. Thank you so much for sharing!